Travels with Charley

The cool camping blog. Trying to find gear, supplies, adventure and activities for the 21st century camper.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A new direction

I often search the internet for something I never find: a new way of doing things, or a new wrinkle on an old subject. It happens to me frequently. I hope that someone is bored with the way things have been done for the last 50 years and has something new and fun. I searched like this when digital cameras became so prevalent about four years ago. Now I've been doing it again, this time with camping. I keep hoping that someone has moved beyond the same old dinner in tinfoil trick and come up with new twists.

Well, I of course didn't really find what I was looking for. Yes, there're sites that review hiking gear, and Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools has a section on Outdoors tools (I really like his blog, I hope that this one can be as good as his), but no one has focused on camping. The gear, the shelter, the food, the fun and the destinations. In America. I want to do that, with a modern, fresh look. That's what I want to make Travels with Charley into. I'll try to start with one each of the above topics. First up: Gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home