Travels with Charley

The cool camping blog. Trying to find gear, supplies, adventure and activities for the 21st century camper.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Apologies to Lit Buffs

Sorry if you thought this was a blog about Steinbeck. My wife and I do happen to like all things Steinbeck, and her much more than me, but I just chose the title cause I like it and this is a journey, maybe not as cool as his was, and there's no dog.

Here, I'll channel him for those of you that came here expecting Steinbeck: Woke up this morning late. I fear this project will never get finished. I doubt at times I have it in me. As I was telling Shelly, I have the beginning and I have the end. But that middle part bedevils me, like a hobo on a freight train, and I'm the railroad dick pursuing him. People just are no damn good, and my teammates don't seem to be even people. I don't know what they are. At least if they were dogs, I could sell them to a Korean butcher. But I can't and am therefore chained, like a gang member in for petty crime, to them for 9 more weeks. Ok, was that good enough for ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home